This is one of the easiest recipes for making salmon cakes that are whole30 compliant.
1 large can of pink salmon (14.5 ounces)
1 large sweet potato (about the size of your fist)
1 large egg at room tempature
1/2 tsp of onion powder
1/2 tsp of pepper
1/2 tsp of salt
- Cook your sweet potato in the microwave by placing it in a microwave safe bowl, poking some holes in it with a fork and adding water to cover the sweet potato. Cook for around 6-8 minutes until it is soft when punctured with a fork. **Be careful as this will be hot. Let stand in the microwave for a few minutes to cool down. Drain from water.
- Mix the salmon and sweet potato with a fork. Remove any bones found.
- Add the egg and mix together.
- Add the all purpose gluten free flour mix, onion powder, pepper and salt together.
- If you want to amp up the flavor, add different spices in small amounts like paprika or cayenne pepper.
- Prepare a pan with coconut or olive oil. Take some of the salmon/potato mixture and make small, flat rounds with your hands. Keep them small to cook faster.
- Cook on both sides for at least 3-4 minutes each side until browned.
- Remove from the pan and enjoy!
**If it's too dry, add an extra egg. If it's too wet, add another 1/4 cup of the flour mix.