What: Taylor's SUN! Natural Sunscreen SPF 30 (2 fl. oz.)
- Sunscreen SPF
- The product I tested has an SPF of 30. It's main active ingredient is zinc oxide at 25% (non-nano) which is a natural sunscreen and safe for marine life. Zinc oxide is also a broad spectrum natural suncreen that protects against UVA and UVB rays. Note that other products out there may contain chemical sunscreens that are safe for humans but not for marine life.
- Water Resistance
- It is water proof but recommend to re-apply 1-2x a day especially after being in the water for continued protection.
- Application Type
- This is a lotion blend. It has a waxy feel, but doesn't feel greasy once on. You'll have to rub this on your skin which makes it more effective than a spray but does take time. It has a slight tint so you'll know where you have applied it on your little ones.
- This smells delicious! BUT it's not for eating. The oil blend and the shea butter combination makes for a wonderful smelling sunscreen. It doesn't even smell like a sunscreen at all.
- Ingredients (straight from Taylor's Naturals)
- Extra Virgin olive oil, non-nano 25% zinc oxide, sesame seed oil**, candelilla wax, coconut & macadamia nut oil**, vitamin e T-50, sun safe essential oil blend
- Product Packaging
- Packaged in a small glass container with a metal lid. There is no plastic here. The glass does add weight if you are carrying this with other items. It is travel friendly as it fits under the TSA limit. The container is cute and small enough to be reuse once the product is finished.
- Around $12 for one glass. Yes, it is expensive, but you are exchanging it for the standard product that is made of plastic and of ingredients that are known to cause cancer and harm marine life. Compare to some of the other products that are in plastic and have ingredients that are still bad for you and the environment.
- Where to Buy
- I bought this one online as there are no natural food stores by me that carry it. Check their site for locations that carry it.
- Shipping Packaging
- I bought this and other products. The items were wrapped in recycled cardboard and minimally shipped in a cardboard envelope. No plastic in the shipping packaging. When ordering, you can select what kind of packaging you want, either recycled or plastic free.
This is a buy for me. It is a wonderful smelling sunscreen. It is a bit expensive for the size and perhaps not as economical if applying multiple times a day. It also takes time to apply especially if using through out the entire body. I've been using this and the Avasol sunscreen as my daily face moisturizer switching between the two as my mood dictates. Definitely re-apply as needed to ensure you have the right protection.
Disclaimer: This product has been independently used and reviewed by me. No compensation was received from the maker of this product.