What: Skoy Eco-Friendly Multi Purpose Cloth
Description (from Amazon):
- 70% Wood / 30% Cotton
- Multi-use cloth
- Made of cotton and cellulose
- A single skoy cloth will replace up to 15 rolls of paper towels
- Perfect for use in the kitchen, bathroom and office; can be used on most surface areas in your home
- 100-percent biodegradable
- Made of cotton and cellulose
We still have a few rolls of paper towels left, but I needed to start looking for an alternative before we ran out. I could just use old towels to wipe down our counters, but don't want to have to wash it often, plus I already use multiple dish towels to reduce paper towel usage. It says it's biodegradable so I am assuming compostable as well. I have not tested the compostable claim, but once I have used one up, will add it to my compost and see how it degrades. I have been using it for about 2 weeks now. We are dishwasher free home and thus end up washing dishes often and our sink is constantly wet.
This product was independently reviewed by me without any compensation from the vendor or manufacturer. This post contains affiliate links. Read Disclosures for more info.
- Water Absorption
- I did a test this and it absorbs around 1/4 cup of water + a few tablespoons before needing to be rinsed out. I compared this same amount and it takes about 2 sheets of the Costco Kirkland brand of paper towels to absorb the same amount of liquid. See pics below.
- I keep this by the sink to catch any drips. Since we don't have a dishwasher, our sink can get wet pretty fast and this does the job to mop up any excess soap or water. I have used it several times to also wipe up the stove. It cleans the oil splatter fairly well without the need to add any additional cleanser. It absorbs and wrings out pretty efficiently. There has been no smell, no tears, no discoloration of the cloth. I usually wring out any liquid and just leave it on the counter to dry.
- Made of 70% wood pulp and 30% cotton
- Measures around 7x7 inches.
- Product Packaging
- I ordered these from Amazon. No plastic wrapping. Just wrapped in ribbon raffia.
- Around $7 for a 4-pack. It seems like a pretty good price for something that is supposed to last long and would replace a few rolls of paper towels.
- Where to Buy
- Shipping Packaging
- I ordered this from Amazon and it was shipped with other items so that saved some extra cardboard and packing materials.
This is a buy for me. It is definitely able to absorb more liquid that regular paper towels. It has also held up after many uses. From wiping the stove, to wiping the counters, to wiping dish soap around the sink.
Update: October 18, 2016
It has been around 5 months since I've been using this. I have been able to use the same cloth in the kitchen sink, oven, counters and bathroom sinks. It has remained intact, no tears. No smell like those sponges. It absorbs liquid still and continues to have a strong scrubbing power. I usually scrub with this and some baking soda. This has saved us from throwing away rolls of paper towels and I am only still on my first sheet. I have 3 more to go. A good multi-purpose buy. Pair this with the Gute Horsehair Dish Brush. Full review here.