It's been eighteen months since I've bought a plastic water bottle.
A stat that I am now very proud to admit. This is all thanks to me learning more about the Plastic Free Movement and the Zero Waste movement. Now, if you've been with me for a while, I've mentioned the wonderful life changing magic of the stainless steel insulated water bottle. Today, I'm finally writing a review because after using it for over a year, I can confidently provide feedback on this reusable water bottle.
This post contains affiliate links. See Disclosures for details.
I took advantage of a promotion Klean Kanteen was doing earlier last year where you could build your own bundle of Klean Kanteen products. I opted to purchase a 3 set kit. I had a glass water bottle that I used infrequently for the gym, but I did not like it because it was bulky and it didn't keep my water cold. I've tried reusable plastic water bottles in the past, but just could not get past the taste that I felt was there.
Klean Kanteen is a family-owned business committed to producing non-toxic solutions to single-use waste. They are a certified B corporation meaning they have been approved by a third party as a for-profit company that has met the requirements for "social and environmental performance."
With that bundle, I ended up purchasing the following for $61.50
- 1 Klean Kanteen Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Bottle (20 oz)
- 1 Klean Kanteen Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Bottle Wide Mouth with Loop Cap (16 oz)
- 1 Klean Kanteen Tumbler (20 oz)
I use the 20oz almost everyday exclusively for water. I like that it keeps my water chilled so if I refill at home, I have fresh water throughout the day. I've traveled with it. I used it when hiking Machu Picchu, had it with me in Iceland which was great because Icelandic water is amazing, used it in the Philippines, Turkey and Las Vegas. It has stood the test of time. The drops. The temperature fluctuations. For places where it's a bit warm, I normally request half ice, half water so that I have fresh cold water all day. It stays at a wonderful temperature so no complaints there. The thinner size of the 20oz fits my everyday bag. It's vacuum sealed so I have not had any issues with leaks or anything, another plus.
Separately, I used the 16oz almost exclusively for coffee. Though, I originally bought for my husband, I ended up using it instead. Same deal as above. It keeps my Bulletproof coffee warm and in perfect condition so I can sip it throughout the day.
I do not use the Tumbler as much and frankly don't have a need for it so if I were to re-consider the bundle, probably would not get. Instead, I would have opted for something smaller or something else.
- Product Info (from the website)
- Double-Wall Vacuum Insulation (20oz), Keeps Hot up to 20 hours, Keeps Iced up to 50 hours
- Food Grade 18/8 Stainless Steel Construction
- Comes with Leak Proof Loop Cap
- Compatible with all Klean Kanteen Classic Caps
- Large 1.75" (44mm) opening, for easy filling and pouring
- Hand Washing Recommended for Insulated Products
- Backed by the Klean Kanteen Strong as Steel Guarantee
- Product & Shipping Packaging
- All three items came in a cardboard box and surrounded by paper padding. Even the tape was paper. The only plastic thing was the shipping label. All in all, happy to see it all come plastic free.
- Got a deal and bought all 3 for $61 including shipping
- Where to Buy
So the verdict after almost 18 months of use is that I fully recommend this reusable bottle. It keeps cold things cold, hot things hot. It looks sleek and ridiculously durable and after a few months, it pays for itself. I mean seriously, give yourself some street cred and start carrying this around. You can thank me later!