Sleep is a time machine to breakfast. Who doesn't like that?
After doing whole30 and paleo resets a few times, one thing I grew tired of quickly were eggs. There were just so easy to make and since we always had a few in the fridge, they were easy to turn to, but one can only have eggs so many ways. I know they are a great source of protein, but it's time to change it up a bit. The one thing I've learned is that breakfast is not restricted to certain items. You can actually eat anything you want at breakfast provided it's nutritious. Here's my list of breakfast items that either fit the whole30 or keto lifestyle. The great thing about these is that they are low on sugar, but packed with nutritious protein and vitamins so you won't feel that sluggishness that sugary cereals or bread give you.
This posts contains affiliate links. See Disclosures for details.
Faux Acai Bowl (whole30, paleo, keto)
- Cut one avocado into small pieces
- Cut one banana
- Add a one to two tablespoons of organic coconut milk (sub with sugar free almond or cashew milk)
- Add a sprinkle of sliced almonds, flax seeds and chia seeds (get these in bulk at your local grocery store)
- Double the avocado if on keto, skip the banana
Faux Yogurt Fruit Bowl (whole30, paleo, keto)
- Soak 1 tablespoon of chia seeds overnight in 1/2 cup of coconut milk (sub with sugar free almond or cashew milk)
- Add a handful of blueberries
- Add a cut up kiwi
- Add local bee pollen (find these at a local farm market)
- Skip the kiwi and bee pollen if on keto, add sliced almonds instead
Toasted Coconut and Almond Cereal with Flax and Chia Seed (whole30, paleo, keto)
- Full recipe can be found here.
Deconstructed Lox and Cream Cheese (keto)
- 1 cup of sushi grade salmon or 1 strip of smoked salmon cut into bite sized pieces
- half a cup of bell pepper
- 1/4 cup of cream cheese cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (if desired)
- Add other vegetables similar to this poke salad
Leftover Sauteed Shredded Chicken (whole30, paleo, keto)
- Take leftover chicken and shred it
- Saute it with kale and tomatoes
- Add 2 eggs on top (optional)
- Add homemade mayo (definitely add)
Clean Greek Yogurt Crunch (keto)
- 1 cup of Greek organic, plain yogurt
- Handful of blueberries
- Sprinkle toasted cereal from above for extra crunch