This is inspired from when we went to Hawaii last year. I've been seeing lots of Poke spots in New York lately. It is becoming a trend, but it's a healthy trend so I'm ok with it. The best thing about this recipe is you don't need to turn your oven. You can also mix and match a whole range of vegetables.
- Fresh sashimi from your fish monger, enough fish for two people to eat heartily
- Chop the sashimi into small cubes
- All vegetables should be chopped into cubes, around the same size as the sashimi
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 1 whole cucumber with the seeds removed
- half a Bell pepper
- 1 stalk of green onion
- 1/2 tsp of sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of sesame oil(use in moderation if on whole30)
- 1/4 cup of coconut aminos (can use 1 tsp of soy if not doing whole30)
- Mix it all together and voila sashimi salad or poke for two
This is the basic and healthiest recipe. It skips the rice and soy, but tastes as good. Check out two other options below for ideas next time.