This is probably one of the easiest homemade condiments you can make at home. No stabilizers or preservatives. This is inspired by The Movement Menu. Actually, it is just like Monica's menu except I'm not a fan of mustard so I substituted with garlic and other herbs from my garden. As long as you use the base, you can pretty much add any flavor to this mayo. All of the ingredients can be bought zero waste style. For us, avocado oil comes in class containers.
- 1 cup of avocado oil
- 1/2 juice of a lemon
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp of water
- 1 tbsp of chopped garlic
- 1 tsp of rosemary
- Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature. If not, it may not emulsify properly so leave the egg out for a few minutes on the counter.
- Place all of the ingredients in your jar. Make sure the egg stays intact. I would recommend using a mason jar with a lid.
- Use an immersion blender to make this easier.
- Place your blender carefully to the bottom of the jar making sure the egg yolk is in between the blades.
- Hold the jar and start your blender bringing it up and down until all of the ingredients are mixed and is thick.
This is great for egg salads or along salmon cakes. Easy to make! I would recommend eating it within a week and make sure there is a lid at all times while it's in the fridge to keep other smells and tastes from getting to it.
If it's too thin, use it as a salad dressing. If it needs more salt or lemon, you can add it and mix slowly with a spoon.
Let me know what you think.
More Ideas Here